Thursday, March 3, 2011

NaBloPoMo - Aquabibs Unite!


The NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) theme for March is "In a Word". The word I have chosen for today is "aquabib", which noun meaning "one who drinks water".

I guess I should say, I got this word from the "Save the Words" site, from a link on the NaBloPoMo site.

I have at various times in my life been more of an aquabib than an otherbeveragesbib...ok, so I made that one up. But words are fun, creative and like most things, if we don't use them, we lose them, right? Shakespeare made up 10,000 words that we still use today (or so I heard once).

Two other words I claim as my creations are:

"porchervation" - n., observation made from a porch;

and

"potentializer" - n., one who helps others reach their potential.

But, I digress. Today is all about "aquabibbers". I'm sure everyone has heard that you should drink 8 (8 oz.) cups of water a day, or one oz of water for each pound you way, or some such formula for optimum health. Other folks say those are myths and water does not have the degree of effect as the first set of folks claim.

I look at the whole thing this way. Water occurs naturally on the earth. It occurs (somewhat unnaturally, I suppose) from the various taps in my family's apartment. But it's cheap, does not contain harmful ingredients (unless you live near a chemical dump site maybe?) and convenient.

What about the people who like buying bottled water? Hey, more power to them, but if I'm going to pay those prices for a refreshing beverage, I want something else in it as well! *lol*


8 comments:

  1. Hello...love your new words!

    I have started filling a mason jar with water and trying to drink one or two a day PLUS 2-3 cups of green tea a day...

    That will keep things flowing if you know what I mean :-)

    Visiting from Blogging Buddies

    Check out my latest post,If you could be an animal

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to force myself to drink enough water (love my coffee and coke) but you are right about drinking it. It is much better for you and will help keep you healthy.
    Lisa
    http://lisabcarter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post! I notice such a difference in my body when I'm good about drinking enough water versus when I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I'm a water drinker par excellence! Coffee first, then water... then whatever.
    Meet your newest follower.
    Hope to see you at my place
    too.
    ~ Debra
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from the twitter hop. Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a filter but do try to drink as much water as possible. Instead of buying bottled water I bottle my own..saving the Earth one less bottle at a time. :-)

    I love words. I also love making up words and wish we had not lost so much of our language to slang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, are you there? I have visited a couple times and see you are M.I.A.

    Hope everything is ok.

    I wanted to let you now that the Blogging Buddies have moved and gone social.

    When you get a chance, go join (FREE!) and add your information.

    Have a Safe & Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am following from bloggymoms, you can follow me back at http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com if you wanna:)

    ReplyDelete