Monday, March 23, 2015

Theme Reveal (Blogging from A to Z Challenge) - All Gallow's Eve


So, today is the day!

Those of us who have chosen to participate in the "A to Z Challenge" and are using a theme to connect the posts are revealing our themes for this year's challenge.


Honestly?

I went back and forth until yesterday.  I had several ideas for themes and was near paralyzed from trying to choose amongst them.  (If we ever meet and go out for food, don't give me more than 2 or 3 choices.  We could starve.  Seriously.)

But, in the end, the need to kick myself into gear, and the encouragement of my daughter (who also is quite a good writer herself) helped me winnow the field to one.

Last year, I became enamored with Scrivener, and started outlining a story, a cozy mystery to be titled, "All Gallow's Eve", which involves a hanging and Halloween.  But I have become, oh, 'less than regular' in my work on this WIP.  So, for each day in April, I will post either an excerpt from the story, or a blurb about a character, or something about the book in general as a way to keep things percolating in the front of my mind each day for a month.

Of course, this will springboard me to getting into the habit of writing (etc.) daily and thereby help my writing life in general. 

"So let it be written.  So let it be done."  (Possible bonus points if you can place the quote.)

And don't forget to click the link at the top (on the graphic) to visit the other participants!

21 comments:

  1. Great theme, good luck with getting all the information together. It can be so hard when a WiP starts being a bit difficult. I hope the challenge helps you get back into regular updates. I didn't know the quote so I looked it up - good choice :D
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like a plan, LuAnn! Loved that quote! So apt for us, for this challenge!
    Looking forward to read your posts, this April! Cheers ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa. I am looking forward to your posts as well. Your writing conveys a great deal while using on 55 words. Brevity is not one of my strong suits. :O)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jean visiting from Rantings and Ravings of an Insane Writer. I hope this challenge theme will help you get back to regular work on the WIP. I'm looking forward to checking out your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. I'm looking forward to yours as well. It's a shame train travel is not as prevalent in the US as it used to be, so I will be watching your posts as well!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a smart way to get thinking about your MS and get motivated to do some writing. :) Best of luck!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting them! Good luck with it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, betty. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!

      Delete
  6. I really like the title :) Sounds like a great start for a story!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent idea - useful for you and interesting for those of us popping by. I know all about WiPs that are going slowly, so I sympathise. I cheated and looked up the quote too :)

    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles
    FB3X
    Wittegen Press

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like it was in the mainstream, so no worries, Sophie! Looking forward to April Madness - er - I mean the A to Z Challenge! :O)

      Delete
  8. Good thinking...getting back in the swing of daily writing and your All Gallows Eve will benefit as will your readers. Looking forward to your posts. Sorry I didn't get by yesterday. The list was really LONG, and I barely made a dent. Oh, and your quote...I could just hear those words coming from Yul Brenner's amazing voice. Good quote!
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal
    AtoZ 2015 Challenge
    AJ's wHooligans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, no worries. I haven't done nearly as much as I wanted in terms of visits. And Yul Brenner's voice -100% agreement there!

      Delete
  9. Good luck with the A - Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That will keep you motivated!
    And is that quote from the Ten Commandments?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an interesting theme. It's very brave of you to put your work out like this. :-)

    Good luck with the challenge.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a cool challenge! I hope it goes well and I look forward to seeing those posts come up :D

    ReplyDelete