Sunday, January 1, 2017

Meet and Greet My First Book of 2017!



Janice at Mostly Blogging hosts a regular feature called the "Meet and Greet" which is a link-up to share what you blog about and to make new blogging friends.  This week is the special "New Year's" edition, so be sure to click on the little button I made up there to go to the event!

Sheila at Book Journey hosts a "First Book of the Year" and "One Word" link-up every year, and guess what?  That's right!  You can join in either or both by clicking on the First Book banner above!

I wanted to have a new post to share for the Meet and Greet, and my email came up with the First Book link-up.  I think it's kind of an 'unofficial' participation, because Sheila came up with this really cool photo collection of the participating bloggers and their first books!  But, truth be told, that's really ok with me, because I'm terribly camera shy.

So, without further ado...

~~~oOo~~~


SYNOPSIS

The People themselves dare to challenge the Old Ways of their heritage and each patriarch must choose a side. Nearly one hundred days have passed since the untimely death of Nellie Mae Fisher's beloved younger sister, Suzy, and Nellie dares again to dream of a future with handsome Caleb Yoder. But with rumors about Suzy still flying among the People, there are those who would keep the young courting couple apart including Caleb's own father.

~~~oOo~~~

MEET THE AUTHOR



Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous bestseller lists, including USA Today and The New York Times. She and her husband, David, live in Colorado.

~~~oOo~~~

I've read one of the books in Beverly's "Abram's Daughters" series, and am delighted to return to her Amish fiction for my first book of 2017.

I suppose I'll also participate unofficially in the "One Word" meme as well.  If I had to choose one word, it would be "Stretch".  This would be good both physically and otherwise for me.  Physical stretching is just a good idea all around anyway.  On the flip side, I'm not one to often push my (psychological?) boundaries often and I want to change that.

~~~oOo~~~

WHAT'S AHEAD THIS WEEK:

Monday, 2 January, 2017 -  Stacking the Shelves (hosted at Tynga's Reviews); It's Monday, What Are You Reading (hosted at Book Date); Inspire Me Monday (hosted at Create With Joy); and another Inspire Me Monday (hosted at Mostly Blogging)

Tuesday, 3 January, 2017 - Teaser Tuesday (hosted at Books and a Beat); and First Chapter First Paragraph (hosted at Bibliophile by the Sea).

Thursday, 5 January, 2017 - Booknificent Thursday (hosted at Mommynificent); Thursday Favorite Things (hosted at Katherine's Corner).

Friday, 6 January, 2017 - Book Blogger Hop (hosted at Coffee-Addicted Writer); Friendship Friday (hosted at Create With Joy); Bloggers' Pit Stop (hosted at Mostly Blogging).

This 'forecasting' is something new I'm trying out, so the situation is highly fluid and likely to change at any time. :O)

OH!  And lest I forget....HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017!

~~~oOo~~~

QUESTION

What will your first book read this New Years be and why did you choose it?

I chose "The Parting: The Courtship of Nellie Fischer" as my first book because I'm trying to stock my reading list with items from my TBR, and that little sucker has been on my e-reader since 7-20-2015!  (And that is far from my 'oldest' book.)  It will help me fulfill the Keywords Reading Challenge for 2017, the January keyword being "Part".

8 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law loves Beverly Lewis's books. I think The Parting sounds like a great book to start the year off with.

    I have a word of the year too, although am not announcing it until later in the week. I love the word you came up with, "Stretch". It can take so many forms! I could see how that would benefit me too. :-) Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and it's awesome to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I followed you back :)
    I look forward to your future posts and exploring your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first book is Edged Blade by J.C. Daniels. Its the fourth book in a series that I've been reading while stuck in airports. This is the first one I'm reading this new Year. Its actually Science Fiction/Fantasy. I've enjoyed the earlier books because it deals with someone who is broken and works her way back to finding out who she really is rather than hiding. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for liking my poem "Squire and Peasant". I look forward to following your blog. Kevin (newauthoronline.com).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for liking my poem, "Squire and Peasant". I look forward to following you on Twitter. Happy new year, Kevin (newauthoronline.com).

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you joined in, LuAnn.

    Happy Reading in 2017!!

    Happy New Year!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My First Book Of The Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year and enjoy your first book of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to choose one of those "lingering" titles. Hope you enjoy it and that it motivates you to clear more of your back list. I can certainly use some motivation to tackle my many waiting book piles, lol.

    ReplyDelete